don't understand circuit operation. please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i need to use the isolation transformer? because i already have a step down transformer. what's the function of the isolation transformer?
I'm attaching the circuits that i draw with orcad. can you look it over and see if it's okay?
thanks
fiz

Attachments

• ORCAD_CIRCUIT.zip
    46.1 KB · Views: 140
The isolation tranformer need only for developing, because the scope signal input GND connected to mains GND (earth - third pole on socket).

60W bulb

hi,
i got some problem with the power supply. the output from voltage regulator is 0 not 5V. i tried using a 9VDC for the input and got 5V at the output. but the battery got hot and when i tested it later the voltage at the output is 0V. i also tried connecting 240V directly to the 4005 diode but still no use. how to fix this?
another thing for the receiver circuit, i replace the 2n400 with bc337 transistor. my friend told me to drive a 60W bulb i need to use a relay and 240V. Is it true? how can i do this?
thanks
fiza

tuned amplifier

the transmitter circuit got a section on tuned amplifier and untuned amplifier connected to the 4069 inverter. can anyone tell me how the tuned and untuned amplifier works?
when i connected/solder the tuned amplifier circuit, all four capacitors and the axial inductor are in parallel position. so when i test the leads for the capacitors using digital multimeter it beeps. is it okay?
thanks
fiza

Hi!
I am doing the X-10 tranciever circuit. I have a problem finding the 7,680MHz X-tal. My question then is; is there a way I can use a single crysta (a 4MHz possible) instead of two x-tals, and how do I interface it?

Hi

I tried interfacing my circuit with a 4MHz crystal Instead of the 7.680MHz and 32kHz respectively but my circuit didn't work. I still would like suggestions on how (if possible) I can interface the 4MHz X-Tal. Also, are the 2 LTL-94PEKTA (D1 & D2) LED's ordinary general purpose LED's? If not, what are they.

Almost forgot; I'm designing the circuit for 250V/50Hz supply. What components values do I need to change for this voltage?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…