Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dont get it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tama182

im trying to do wwithout the picdem plus 2,

so im just trying to use a breadboard instead, from what i can see all the picdem does is connect the mclr,pgc and pgd to the chip, and ive done that, but i still get errors when im trying to program,

ive got pgc from icd going to pgc on pic
ive got pgd from icd going to pgd on pic
ive got mclr from icd going to mclr on pic
and ive got power going to the pic,

this is exactly like the picdem, yet the picdem works and the breadboard doesn't,

what am i foinf wrong,

the circuit is in the back of the picdem indtructions pdf, if you wouldn't mid taking a look 8)

**broken link removed**

can you desribe your breadboard setup a bit more?

most importantly, what connections are made to the Vpp (MCLR) pin? when I do ICD on breadboards, I try to leave the mclr pin alone, and disable it in the config fuses (so it doesn't need an external pull-up) ... then the only connection I need to make to it is Vpp from the programmer.

sometimes PICs are sensitive to the timing in which Vdd is supplied in relationship to Vpp, if there is some sort of drain on your pic (like a lot of connected components), Vdd might not rise in time to meet the timing specs, and the pic doesn't latch into programming mode

hi,

sorry for the real crap pic 8)

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 330
try a diode instead of a resistor, between Vpp and Vdd

**broken link removed**

I know somewhere it says, a diode is not recommended, well, I'm just saying what works for me :)

use whatever diode you have, a small silicon switching diode 1N918 or whatever will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back