Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this RF switch Bi-Directonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out whether this RF switch is Bi-Directonal, i.e. whether it transfers RF signal from selected input to output AND from output to selected input.

P/N: CCR-33S3O
Description: SPDT, 12V FAILSAFE, DC-18GHZ
Datasheet: **broken link removed**)

Can you tell whether it's bi-directional or not?

Thank you very much.

Your link appears to be busted.

But yes, the relay is bi-directional. The high frequency wiggly zigglies can pass through in either direction.

JimB
(In frivolous mood:D)

Hi Jim,
Thanks!

How could you tell that it is bi-directional?
Did they specify it in datasheet? as I didn't see any hint for that.

It is a relay, an electromechanical relay.

The connections are done with bits of metal making ohmic* contacts.
Trust me, it is just a relay and like any other relay, the contacts don't care which way the current flows.

JimB

*AAAHHHHH, lets not start another discussion on ohms law!

Hi Jim,
Thanks a lot!

I have one additional question please, which I did not quite understand from datasheet.

This is a similar RF Switch - CCRT-33S3O - only that the N.O. and N.C. ports are terminated with 50Ω resistors.
(Datasheet: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/04/CCRT-33FS.pdf )
View attachment 63375

For some reason, they gave the Power handling of the Not-Terminated RF Switch:
View attachment 63374

Does it mean that in the DC-3GHz range, each of the IN, N.C. and N.O. ports can handle 80W?

Thank you again!

Does it mean that in the DC-3GHz range, each of the IN, N.C. and N.O. ports can handle 80W?
Yes.

To be more specific, it means that the relay will pass 80watts from the IN port to the selected port NO or NC.

The port which is not selected is terminated with a resistor which can dissipate a maximum ot 2 watts.

JimB

wiggly zigglies ? lol. They must of covered that term in the class I slept through.

wiggly zigglies ? lol. They must of covered that term in the class I slept through.

Yes, you at the back!

Pay attention!

JimB

yes, and the SWR bridge is so the SWRs can cross from one port to the other....... you must have slept through that class too....

yes, and the SWR bridge is so the SWRs can cross from one port to the other.
Mmmm... I will have to reflect on that for a few minutes.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back