Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does encoder output have const frequency when the PWM has const freq and duty cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

variaseng

Hi, I am trying to monitor the output of an optical incremental rotary encoder. And I would just like to ask if the encoder will output a PWM signal with constant frequency when I apply a PWM signal with also constant frequency and duty cycle? Thank you very much for your help!

I guess it depends what type of encoder you have. Check its datasheet.

Assuming the motor controller operate with PWM-input to define the speed, then the motor is running at constant speed the encoder will have also a constant frequency on its incremental AB-outputs. The AB-frequency depends on the resolution of the encoder(e.g. 5000 pulses per 360 degree rotation). You might find more explanation in this application: https://ichaus.biz/mcu_interface .

Enjoy your design work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back