Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone knows about PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmb99a

My PC's media player and Winamp and windows's other sound's are too fast playing. I have tryed to doing partitioning and formatted, then installed windows again.
I have tryed to install drivers for my soundcard. But it still.

Does anyone knows what should I do?

More info about your sound card, motherboard and windows version would have helped.

Perhaps you have the wrong sound card driver. If it is a sound card built-in to the motherboard, then you need to check it on the manufacturers web site as they sometimes have several possible drivers depending on the exact motherboard revision.

You don't say what version of windows you are using, perhaps you need to install servicepacks which may fix problems if using the default Microsoft drivers.

Get the latest drivers from the sound card manufacturer and if all that does not work, try with a different sound card.

Fast sound

That's definitely not a problem of the sound card or the driver. It is an OS problem. Check out in the device manager what speed settings are used. Check 'normal' if it is set 'high'.

bmb99a said:
My PC's media player and Winamp and windows's other sound's are too fast playing. I have tryed to doing partitioning and formatted, then installed windows again.
I have tryed to install drivers for my soundcard. But it still.

Does anyone knows what should I do?

It must be using Realtech HD audio. on the task bar there will be a button for it. right click and open. Otherwise you may go thro' Control panel also.

On the right side you find a button called Karoke

it has clickable bttons Up and DOWN and a counter reading its value. this must be showing "one or "2" in your case.

Set it to "ZERO"

Click OK and come out. now you try playing a song / music.

everything will be OK

Last edited:
Boncuk said:
That's definitely not a problem of the sound card or the driver. It is an OS problem. Check out in the device manager what speed settings are used. Check 'normal' if it is set 'high'.
Thanks a lot. How can I check out in the device manager what speed settings are used? I can't find the speed settings.

mvs sarma said:
It must be using Realtech HD audio. on the task bar there will be a button for it. right click and open. Otherwise you may go thro' Control panel also.

On the right side you find a button called Karoke

it has clickable bttons Up and DOWN and a counter reading its value. this must be showing "one or "2" in your case.

Set it to "ZERO"

Click OK and come out. now you try playing a song / music.

everything will be OK
Thanks a lot. Do you have Realtech HD audio? If so, please send to me. Thanks.

picasm said:
More info about your sound card, motherboard and windows version would have helped.

Perhaps you have the wrong sound card driver. If it is a sound card built-in to the motherboard, then you need to check it on the manufacturers web site as they sometimes have several possible drivers depending on the exact motherboard revision.

You don't say what version of windows you are using, perhaps you need to install servicepacks which may fix problems if using the default Microsoft drivers.

Get the latest drivers from the sound card manufacturer and if all that does not work, try with a different sound card.
Thanks a lot. I will try.

bmb99a said:
Thanks a lot. Do you have Realtech HD audio? If so, please send to me. Thanks.
Realtech HD audio driver is not something to be ziped and sent.
this package is bundled along with motherboard drivers. Inmy case i use Intel915GVRS mother board and under winXP.

if the Karoke is set at 1 or 2 the sound appears as if playing at faster rate- but play time is same. the voice becomes shrill

similarly if it is set at -1, or -2, the voice appears more base than normal.
Again play time is not changed actually

Please see if you use similar motherboard you may try out.

However any motherboard audio driver, now a days provides for Karoke function. you can sort out the issue by a check of yo audio driver in the control panel,and tuning the Karoke properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back