Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

where I can find a connector that will convert a dual row 0.1" socket (ribbon cable, like the 40 pin harddrive cable) to a DIP package?

I have some 10 pin ribbon cables and I'd like to be able to connect it to a breadboard.

**broken link removed**

it's easy to make, just PCB, row of pins and one socket...
should be a dollar or two.

I agree with panic mode. If you're into making your own PCB's put a 40 pin socket on one side and sockets to match your cables on the other. Run short traces, pin1 to pin1, pin2 to pin2, etc. I would epoxy the sockets in place before soldering to add strength for pluging and unpluging without pulling your solder pads loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back