Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone have experience with Cellmeter 8 or Cellmeter 7 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

I am building a small solar system for my shop and have on order from China 4- 200Ah LiFePo4 cells which will be wired in series to yield
12volts DC. I have the solar panels set up along with a MPPT solar controller and a BMS for the battery. As the BMS is a NON-smart version
my thinking was to connect a Cell Meter 8 to the battery and there by have the ability to view the status of each cell.
I just received the Cell Meter 8 and wanted to test it while waiting for the batteries to arrive but there is some sort of issue that I cannot wrap my head
around.
For testing I was using an 18650 battery and when I connected the first line to the battery everything worked well. I then tried the second connector
and it basically would not work and reported the battery basically depleted. This not the case as the battery is fully charged.
When I tested lines 3 and 4 nothing appeared on the screen.

My question is, does this device require all of the connection points to be made simentaniiosly? Is the meter built with the measurements in a series or in a parralel mode?
Just guessing here?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back