Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anybody knows how to program a 16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

osa

I have a problem programming the PIC16F877A. i have tryed picallw, but it is not working, i tried with JDM programmer, with no positive result. i need to program this micro for my project, but i don't know how.
so, please, if anybofy knows a programmer for this micro, contact me.
thank you for your attention.

osa said:
I have a problem programming the PIC16F877A. i have tryed picallw, but it is not working, i tried with JDM programmer, with no positive result. i need to program this micro for my project, but i don't know how.
so, please, if anybofy knows a programmer for this micro, contact me.
thank you for your attention.

Check my website below, the beta version of WinPicProg available from my support forum supports the 16F877A - the 877A is actually a FLASH chip and uses a completely different programming algorithym from the EEPROM 877. However, WinPicProg only supports parallel port programmers, the serial ones like the JDM are too unreliable.

Sorry to bump on a old thread.

So does the latest version of WinPicProg support 16F877A ? I ask because I couldnt program one and 16F877A isnt listed in the drop down device list also.

I have to burn a 16F877A for use in inchworm+ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back