Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anybody know where can I find a schematic for a R/C...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha_Wizard

I want to build a R/C system for a RC car. I need it to be able to go forward/backwards and left/right. I really appreciate any help: schematics, links to other sites, anything. 10x

does the RC car already exist? If yes u need to understand the circuit inside it first.
If u want to build a new one, u would need 2 motors one for forward/reverse and one for left/right turning and some circuits.the details can be searched by looking for " wireless remote control circuits" on google etc.

I did some RC car racing, back when I was 13. RC cars generally consist of:
1. A radio receiver / controller, tuned to the transmitter.
2. A motor or engine, depending on whether the car is gas powered (engine) or electric powered (motor).
3. A servo for steering.
4. A servo for throttle (Mainly for engines, or old styled mechanical electric motor speed control which is basicly a potentiometer)
5. An electronic speed control (Used for electric motors)
6. Battery pack, 9V somewhere around 1900mA or so. I think these are 6 "C" size NiCad cells in series.

The forward, backward motion is controlled by one motor. Inputs from the speed controller will reverse the voltage to the motor, causing the motor to spin in the opposite direction. To my knowledge, this is very difficult to accomplish with engines, unless you have an amazing transmission for the engine.

Also, as far as a schematic is concerned, you may need to find different schematics for the different components, such as the receiver / controller, speed control etc. Then you can integrate these circuits into a system. The work may be pretty complex, since you're dealing with RC, and controlling. Nevertheless, it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back