Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do you know tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
I picked this tool up in a box of other junk. Neither I nor the seller know what it is. Any ideas? The shaft is 11 mm in diameter. The large end looks round, but it is not. In one dimension it is 21.9 mm and at 90° it is 22.1 mm across.

View attachment 66460

John

Air chisel/hammer body ripper (double-bladed panel cutter) bit?

Last edited:
The Air chisel body ripper blades I have look like this:
https://www.shop.com/Old+Forge+1956+Double+Cut+Body+Ripper+Air+Chisel-507681584-p+.xhtml
I can see why it might be a body ripper. The flat piece stays on the other side the sheet metal and the triangle rips the metal.

The ripper I have forces one side of the metal down and the other side up to make room for the tool. I think this tool will get stuck in the metal if used to rip.

That is a good guess. It does look a little like a miniature splitting ram from a log splitter. But, most of my air tools have a shoulder on them for a retention spring, like in Ron's picture. Also, mine are all 0.400" shaft. This is 0.434" and won't fit. A metric version?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back