Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do anyone can guess how do this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
docel said:
PLEASE DONT DISCOURAGE PEOPLE. The least one can do is keep quiet, if you cant help. People visit the forums for help and guidance.
As a Moderator you need to be moderate with the people you are trying to moderate. As an instructor, one must indulge in the young and inexperienced and guide them towards a goal. And Electronic gods should......well be Godly!!:(

It's pretty pointless giving people false hope, how does that help? - in order to make this project work at all he needs to re-evaluate his requirements.

Unless, of course, you know of a way to perform this science fiction task? (not counting GPS, which he has discounted, and isn't anywhere near precise enough for his requirements).

I somehow feel that this thread will "disappear" with reasons like

NOTHING disappears (apart from the occasional accident :rolleyes: ) on these forums, and no censoring takes place (except for bad language, bad behaviour, and breaking the rules) - you posted a completely inappropriate post in the Electronics Projects Forum, which is clearly stated as "FOR COMPLETED PROJECTS ONLY!".

I explained this to you in a PM, and suggested you might like to continue your thread in the proper place - to date you haven't done this!. I had presumed you had paid attention to the rest of my PM, and perhaps checked the suggestions I gave you?.

I consider your accusation a libellous personal attack on my integrity, posted in a public forum - perhaps you would care to apologise in the same fashion!.

hi guys
first let me say that in such case it is my complete fault to have posted in the wrong forum if this forum is for completed project only. I should have read the sticky thread before posting (the title of the forum confused me,being a technician I rely mostly on precise definitions) So if you feel better to move the thread in another more appropriate place (hoping not in a trashcan):) feel free to move it!
I appreciate both of you , you are both making a good job.
(Of course I appreciate the collaborative spirit of Dogel)
In my opinion the position of Nigel is formally more correct in the case I am in the wrong forum but, technically speaking it is a little pointless and dogel is more right in that.
I think that you have different attitudes and if only you would find an agreement within you, you could form a very effective team!
I have just to remark one thing (it's quite a bit that I feel this thread was going in an unexpected direction, I think I undersand why) the thread was "do any one guess how do (this device) works? and apart the clever proposals and useful information I received , wich I am grateful, it has remain unanswered.

(I hope you will interpret positively my words,(I'have found that sometime my english sound reverse of what I really meant) wich are meant to be thankful and, again, if I was wrong,please accept my apologizes for any inconvenience I may have caused.

With all my respect.

Last edited:
elctrified said:
first let me say that in such case it is my complete fault to have posted in the wrong forum if this forum is for completed project only. I should have read the sticky thread before posting (the title of the forum confused me,being a technician I rely mostly on precise definitions) So if you feel better to move the thread in another more appropriate place (hoping not in a trashcan):) feel free to move it!

No, it wasn't you, it was Docel who posted in the wrong forum, then started making wild accusations about censorship when (as specified in the rules) his post was deleted! - after I'd PM'd him explaining why!.

I notice he still hasn't responded in any way, never mind an apology!.

Wrongful moderation

nigel,

You made a mistake. You losing track of forums, posts and Topic relevance.
Your posts (in my PM) clearly prooves you dont know what you are doing or on the have delebrately attempted to suppress the facts.
Your posts and mine are safe on my email server, if you are not aware, before and after you deleted them, through some cock-a-doodle reasons.

Your public posts do not corroborate with your private mails to me. You made a mistake and had propagated wrong theory which is misleading, not to mention corruption of the young mind. Your contention of "pulsed AC is nothing but AC with a DC shift applied' is pure hog wash.

Obviously, you are not an Electrical/Electronic Engineer or you would know the major difference between AC and Dc is the direction of current. Your theroy and the poster who agreed with you reeks!

If you are a fair man with the "Integrity" that you claim, revoke my deleted post so that the "Public Forum" can decide the bonafides for themselves.

I'm sorry for electrified: he has become the victim of your mis-moderation. I'm also sorry to see that he has disappeared from this forum.

Very funny. I parallel posted my PM to the Owner/Admin. He has not bothered to arbitrate nor even acknowledge my PM.

I will repeat: All forums are meant to ENLIGHTEN and not to MISGUIDE.

I 'obviously' dont have the time for timely rejoinders to stupid posts. I have a busy schedule and cannot afford 12.83 posts per day.

You should not look for an apology for the mistake commited by you

Nigel Goodwin said:
It's pretty pointless giving people false hope, how does that help? - in order to make this project work at all he needs to re-evaluate his requirements.
I don't know about the rest, but I agree with you here, I don't see any point in people attempting impossible projects, or ones so hard that an off the shelf solution would be far more appropriate. People can always learn about things by reading about them or taking them apart, for example if someone wants to build a TV, then perhapps they should buy an old one and take it apart, maybe they could consider repairing it perhaps using parts form old ones. I would rather recommend this rather than encouraging them to build one from scratch as they are highly likely to fail.

docel said:
nigel,

You made a mistake. You losing track of forums, posts and Topic relevance.
Your posts (in my PM) clearly prooves you dont know what you are doing or on the have delebrately attempted to suppress the facts.
Your posts and mine are safe on my email server, if you are not aware, before and after you deleted them, through some cock-a-doodle reasons.

Your public posts do not corroborate with your private mails to me. You made a mistake and had propagated wrong theory which is misleading, not to mention corruption of the young mind. Your contention of "pulsed AC is nothing but AC with a DC shift applied' is pure hog wash.

My public posts, and PM's to you have ALL said the same thing, and have all been correct - it's not ME who's making a personal attack on YOU. I won't post either your, or my, PM's on a public forum, that would be wrong, but I give you permission to post mine, if you post your own - if you do this, please do so in the **** Chat forum. If you should do this, I will feel free to post the original versions if you've editted them in any way!.

I still stand by my statement that pulsed DC is nothing but AC with a DC shift applied - because it's patently true.

Obviously, you are not an Electrical/Electronic Engineer or you would know the major difference between AC and Dc is the direction of current. Your theroy and the poster who agreed with you reeks!

Perhaps you should try studying more?, or go back to school for more classes?.

If you are a fair man with the "Integrity" that you claim, revoke my deleted post so that the "Public Forum" can decide the bonafides for themselves.

Do you have a problem reading?, you posted your original post in completely the wrong forum (The Electronic Projects Forum) on the end of a completely unrelated post. As the rules for that forum clearly state, ALL INAPPROPRIATE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, and I also gave you the honour of telling you this in a PM, explaining why it had been deleted, and suggesting you post it in the correct place - what problem do you have understanding this?.

I'm sorry for electrified: he has become the victim of your mis-moderation. I'm also sorry to see that he has disappeared from this forum.

Very funny. I parallel posted my PM to the Owner/Admin. He has not bothered to arbitrate nor even acknowledge my PM.

Nothing to arbitrate, you posted in completed the wrong place, didn't bother reading the rules, and your post was deleted in perfect accordance with those rules.

I will repeat: All forums are meant to ENLIGHTEN and not to MISGUIDE.

And they generally do, you are completely wrong in your assumed knowledge, and appear completely unable to read (or at least understand) simple English?.

You should not look for an apology for the mistake commited by you

I'm still waiting for an apology for the misguided personal atteck you've made on my integrity, and if it's not forthcoming I will consider banning you from the forums!.

AC

AC exists as long as there is a frequency component in the signal that is not at 0Hz. This is a more general version of the AC term that is often used to describe the sinusoidal wall voltage.

A pulsed DC signal, A.K.A a square wave is a series of superimposed, time-shifted sinusoids where each and every sinusoid has the same DC bias (which could be zero, depending on where the square is centered). It consists of more than one sinusoid because a squarewave has multiple frequency components because a square wave is not just a single sinusoid in itself.. You must look at a pulsed DC signal from a signal processing perspective rather than an intuitive one.

I have to agree with Nigel here. There are more aspects to electrical engineering than electricity (oddly enough!). It would appear that you have unknowingly crossed over into the field of signal processing (where Nigel apparently, has already set up camp).

Last edited:
Anyway back to the subject. The handheld part is most likely a relitive field stregth meter ie as you turn toward a signal the lines on the display increase. As to being able to locate items to within 2.5cm that is the closest it can detect any change. To get an angular measrement try a doppler radio detector. By switching aerials really fast you can get a doppler effect on the receiver/scanner. I had one of these 15 years ago and the output was a LED display in the shape of a ring.

I agree that nigel can come across a bit harsh in some of his responses, sometimes too harsh, but he always seems to know what he's talking about; in this case he is right, these requirements do seem pretty difficult to meet, especially for someone who's trying this for the first time. I had a roommate that tried something similar to this and struggle for months before giving up, so it's not something that I would consider a fun task.

Docel, speaking of
...and not to MISGUIDE
maybe you shouldn't be calling people's explanations "hogwash" when you don't know what you are talking about. If YOU are an EE, then I fail to see how you could get through your education without learning the concept of a fourier series approximation of a continuous signal, such as pulsed DC. To make it worse, you tried to make it a personal attack...
I guarantee that nigel has helped out a lot more people on this forum than you have, so I don't think you should be putting him down. Your entire post absolutely reeks of a crybaby retaliation against the "big bad moderator" who removed one of your threads, and now you're trying to make him look bad by complaining about it in a public thread which has nothing to do with the issue, a completely inappropriate place for it, which seems to be the same type of action that got your other thread removed in the first place.

Let me make my point: Getting a post removed because you were too stupid, too lazy, or simply unwilling to read and follow the simple rules of the forum does not make you a martyr. Had you really cared so much about "enlightening" people with whatever wisdom it was that you posted in the wrong place, you could have started a new thread in a suitable location, but as nigel says, you didn't. Nor have you given any reason justifying that the post that got deleted was not in fact against the forum rules... If it was against the rules, which it sounds like it was, then deleting it was just nigel doing his job; if you disagree with the rules, don't run a smear campaign about how oppressed you are by the moderators.

I don't know if you ever noticed, but there is a fair amount of stupid stuff happening on this forum all the time, just like any other forum with a fair number of users... threads being put where they don't belong, spam, etc. and nigel's done his job of trying to keep that under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back