Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do any of you know Matt has been ill for a few Months now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi

Does not moan or groan here. Just carries his problems on his back. Never tells anyone. I had to look at AAC to find out: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=97167&page=2

There is my Friend. Been ill for a while.

Just thought ETO should know.

One thing Matt....can you eat or swallow foods??? Or are you just not hungry??. I say this right here on this Public Forum because it is important people can learn....I, at the age of around 40 Years got Tuberculosis....a poor Mans disease..apparently. Not so. All it takes is one carrier to sneeze or cough on you when you are waiting in a que/line. If your body resistance is down...you go through hell and get sick and you are stuffed and don't know why..

Took around 6 Months to figure my problem/pain out......constant pain in my ears, throat, and all. Nobody knew. Only thing was a bit of Water and stuff from time to time kept me alive.

I weighed around 80KG's before it started. I was down to around 58KG's when they finally figured out what was wrong...

And unfortunately people have a strange knack of talking CRAP when you are sick and everyone is wondering....EVEN MY OWN FAMILY WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH ME....I nursed myself back to life.

Now I can even survive Spider bites...and joke.

It's a shitty world when you have shitty support. Pouring my heart out here on the WWW. And as Nigel said earlier today when a poster wanted his post deleted because of stuff..Nigel said NO. What you post here is part of history (or something like that). I agree.

Okay....way off Topic on my own thread...Matt: Please ask them to do a test for Tuberculosis tomorrow. You never know.

All the best,
tvtech

Last edited:
I haven't had any dialogue with Matt, but have read many of his posts.
I hope that the Doctors can get to the root cause of his problem, because rapid weight loss is definitely not a good thing to be experiencing.

Incidentally, from reading at AAC, LG posted that he was having surgery today, but he didn't want any fuss or best wishes etc. and asked for his thread to be closed shortly after the first post.
I'll respect his wishes, but will add that his posts are missed over here.

Hi folks,

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. tvtech , you didn't need to start a thread here, but I thank you very much for your concern. I'm not sure why I posted that over at AAC, I usually keep such things out of the public forums. I guess it was just supposed to be a sort of status update for a member I had not seen in a while :p

Anyway, In general I am not able to eat much. I have little appetite, and when I can/do eat I cannot eat much. I do not have a cough and I breathe comfortably so I don't think it would be TB (unless it's Latent). I can swallow ok but I simply feel very full and even nauseous after eating, even a little bit. I have been experimenting with different diets and been having tests done, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. Thankfully it is not as bad as it was a couple of months ago. It first started getting really bad in January and up into March I was having a difficult time functioning. Work was difficult, as I was rarely able to focus and tended to be dizzy and fatigued. Things started settling down last month though, so at least I was able to go back to work. :)

Well darn it, I did it again--started going on about my health in public.... :p

Anyway, on a lighter note I am moving back to Boston tomorrow around midday and will be picking up my job again there. I expect a change of scenery and a slightly warmer climate will do me good :)

Thanks again for your concern, it does mean a lot to me.
Best wishes,
Matt

I really do hope all goes well..

My son had a very similar experience... We thought he was becoming very emaciated.. We tried to supply a very varied food stock.... However! He is now doing well, I am sure he was stressed out over silly little things... The work, the uni, the ex.... All these little things build up... It caused all sorts of problems....

I know this probably has nothing to do with your issues, but may shed a little hope...

Stay well Matt!!

Hi Guys

The reason that many people think TB is a coughing or breathing difficultly thing are way off the mark. I am a smoker but it never affected my lungs that were in anyway hurting through it all....I smoked through treatment.

TB attacks the most vulnerable part of you when it chooses to lay into you...in my case it went to my throat and ears = painful to eat or swallow.

And that is what stuffed up the Doctors.

It attacks the weakest part of you....

That is why you never hear of people of people actually dying of AIDS....you normally read they have died from pneumonia related things or such like...

Depends though where it attacks you.

If you have AIDS for example, and you get/catch TB..you are going to die. Your immune system cannot fight it.

So, the correlation between TB and AIDS is mostly true. But a hugely misunderstood thing. And I speak from first hand knowledge.

This is going to be a long post, if anyone chooses to bail out, do it now. Content below is 18+ rated but applicable to ALL.

• So roll back to around 2005. Straight Guy. Never been ill a day in my life. Love Girls. Don't go overboard. Stay safe at all times.
  • At my computer one Evening, feel a bit of pain in my ear
  • Think nothing of it. It will go away.
  • Next Day is a little more pain. Now throat is sore too.
  • Try to eat Breakfast...have pain in both ears and throat too....strange. It must go away.
  • Next Day = not able to eat anything. Too painful to swallow or eat anything because my ears feel like they are on fire when I try and swallow even water...something is clearly not right....
  • Roll on around 4 to 6 Months later.....Family supportive and trying to find out what is making me get thinner and thinner and tests are done...no solutions. Everyone is wondering now have I got AIDS...you know getting thinner and thinner. Community is on **** talk mode....and that affects my family too...because everyone is talking about how thin I have become......if you are unable to eat....how the stuff can you stay keep up your weight??
  • And so it dragged on. Everyone looks at you strangely....like weirdly.
  • I drove MYSELF around 200KM to the nearest State Hospital for more tests.
  • Doctor took one look at me and said come back next Week. I need to bring equipment with next time to test you.
  • Drove myself down there again...he did not bring the stuff with him...he forgot. So he says, we need to to Blood tests on you. You need XRays too..
  • Than this arrogant prick (white like me) gets into his Benz and goes back to wherever the Hell he came from..
  • So, the last time I visit him he claps his hands and says something like this" you must stop sleeping on wet grass. You are full of TB". And joyfully gives himself an expert rating...
  • And he did indeed nail it. As much as I disliked his ******* ways... Correct Medicine does wonders.
  • Three Days after I could start eating again. The pain started to go away.
  • And then the "family kicked in".....TB treatment is a Six Month process....you have to finish the course..
  • Now, family finds out I have TB....and as I have said here....they left me on my own...almost like a leper.
So, I nursed myself through it all. And came out on top. Even Spiders think twice to bite me.

I have records of everything when I was ill. And people speak Crap just cause they can.

Strange hey. Hence my dislike of people talking crap about people . I don't like it.

Facts count. Nothing else.

I am not the smartest kid on the block...but at least I know it.

And that Guys is all I want to say,

Who else but tvtech

Last edited:
I guess I'm late on this; however I do feel their is a need to express things of this nature and to bring about a change in how we look at each other and our situations; as a community. Illness; for most of the world. Humans have conquered many diseases or at least diminishing the harmful effects on human population of the world in most industrial nations. But, this is only in the last Century. New illnesses such as Hepatitis C, Aids, are emerging what are they and why are they; no one knows where they came from or how it started. I don't believe they were always there or mutated. I lost 2 friends that died because of Hepatitis C. They were injured and received blood transfusions and now we are experiencing a rise in TB and other Diseases that have evolved into increasingly more complicated organisms.

TV and Matt; I wish you nothing but the best.

Your Friend, kv

It's OK KV.

I am not sick. Neither is Matt. Just sitting here thinking about life :)

And you are a Champ are always well....a Champ :)
I know you take Medicine from time to time.....so do we all.

Some might be ETO induced...other not. Free world here....

Anyway.....24 Hours of travelling .....tired now.

Cheers Budddy,
tvtech

Matt, I don't get to these sections of the forums very often. I hope things go well for you. Hopefully they will find the cause of the appetite issues and get things straight. Pulling for you buddy.

Ron

I appreciate all the support and kind wishes from you all. The doc has me on a few meds and I have to follow a special (low-FODMAP) diet. Still no information on the cause though. Chances are it was something I was born with, which would explain why this has happened (occasionally) for as long as I can remember.

Let's hope they get to the bottom of it and you can gain some of that weight back.

Let's hope they get to the bottom of it and you can gain some of that weight back.

Yes, that certainly would be nice. I am about 50lbs underweight now, and I feel like a twig. I'm still working on the diet, though so far it has not helped much. Then again, I haven't continued losing weight, which is an improvement, I suppose.

Thanks again for the get-well wishes.

Regards,
Matt

Seems like a lot of us are messed up.
Just as spring started I had to bail off a ladder and shattered my talus bone, it was fractured in three places and I broke off 5 pieces.
One plate and 8 screws latter, I hope to be able to walk again in a few weeks. I can't wait, I dream of walking again. Its been 2 months on crutches, wheelchairs, and golf carts.

Then again, I haven't continued losing weight, which is an improvement, I suppose.

In this case, it appears the recent stale-mate is a somewhat positive thing.

Kindest regards Matt.

Seems like a lot of us are messed up.
Just as spring started I had to bail off a ladder and shattered my talus bone, it was fractured in three places and I broke off 5 pieces.
One plate and 8 screws latter, I hope to be able to walk again in a few weeks. I can't wait, I dream of walking again. Its been 2 months on crutches, wheelchairs, and golf carts.

Ouch, that sounds painful! Hope you continue to be on the mend, I imagine that could be quite debilitating -- Being unable to walk properly and all. Best wishes to you.

Mickster said:
In this case, it appears the recent stale-mate is a somewhat positive thing.

Kindest regards Matt.

In a way, I would think it may be, though I still suffer from a range of symptoms every now and then. I know I could be worse off, so I still continue to try to keep a positive attitude :)

Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back