Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dmx 512?

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

hi all,
i am going to buy a rgy laser show of ebay sometime this month, (and i am looking forward to it):D :D :D but in the desciption, it says DMX 512? does this mean i can control it from a computer or something??
thanks

DMX512 is a control protocol for professional lighting. It is based on RS485.

There are lots of PC-DMX interfaces or controllers available to **broken link removed***.

(A google for "DMX512" should give you plenty of hits)

*for illustration only, this is NOT a recommendation

thanks for that! so for an example, i could plug the laser show into my computer through the controller, would i be able to control the whole thing?

Yes, you could controll all the things on your laser unit that are DMX controllable.

you can do this either through your computer or through a stand-alone controller

(The controllers often cost more then the lights or effects units)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back