Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dknguyen: I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torben

Hi dknguyen,

You've got PMs and email disabled; hence this post.

I think I may have offended you a few days back with an off-the-cuff post regarding brevity and poetry. If that's the case I apologize unconditionally; I was trying to make a compliment about how succinctly you had made a point and the irony given the topic, but I may have phrased it poorly.

If it's just poetry you don't like then what can I say? My favourite poet is Shel Silverstein. I'm no English scholar.

Anyway, if you were just being dry back at me then no problem. Otherwise, I'm sorry, I meant no offense, and I will take greater care in the future. I've seen nothing in any of your posts which would cause me to even consider attacking you intentionally; rather, I have quite a lot of respect for you.

Torben

No offense taken. That was just a joke. I don't really like or respect poetry all that much so I just prefer not to be associated with poetry. I'm not strict or serious about it. You're too sensitive dude.;)

If I'm mad, I'll have some big long paragraph explaining myself, backing myself up and providing evidence to provide an airtight case to shoot you down...except for that one line about writing better posts that you responded to. I was quite annoyed then but was too tired to type anything more.

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
No offense taken. That was just a joke. I don't really like or respect poetry all that much so I just prefer not to be associated with poetry. I'm not strict or serious about it. You're too sensitive dude.

Hehe. Ok, just wanted to make sure. S.S. is the only poet I've ever really followed partly because of his irreverence toward poetry. Never shied away from a nice bit of doggerel.

Don't tell me what the poets are doing
On the street and the epitome of vague
Don't tell me how the universe is altered
When you find out how he gets paid - Tragically Hip

(Is puck rock poetry?)

Me? Sensitive? I take exception to. . .oh, wait.

Torben

The only poem I'll willingly read is The Raven. There's only one reason I'd sell out and actually start using poetry. Think about it carefully...yup. That's the reason and the only reason. But there are better ways to impress that are less lame and more fun. Well, not so much lame as in the probability of coming off as lame depending on her tastes. That reminds me...gotta brush up on my skating and can't let me ballroom dancing get rusty during this CHristmas break.

Punk rock is more poetry than rap is poetry...or music for that matter.

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
There's only one reason I'd sell out and start using poetry. Think about it carefully...yup. That's the reason and the only reason. But there are better ways to impress that are less lame and more fun. Well, not so much lame as in the probability of coming off as lame depending on her tastes. That reminds me...gotta brush up on my skating and can't let me ballroom dancing get rusty during this CHristmas break.

The day after you've mastered the dance, her tastes will turn out to have leaned more toward curling the whole time. I don't know why that happens.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back