Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators TCXO

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliverb

I am building a digital master clock using a 32.768Mhz quartz crystal.

I am thinking about temperature controlling it using an old LCD temp module. Embeding the crystal. rc network and temp probe in a small block of hardwood with a heating element.

This is the problem what do I use as the heater?

I think it would be best run a few degrees warmer than room temp so would a resister work?

I could embed the control transistor in with the resistor heater as well.

Any advice or thoughts appreciated.

Brett.

Attachments

• masterclock.jpg
    masterclock.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 921
Hi Oliver,

I wonder what kind of stability you're lookin' for from that project Sir?

There's a pretty nice little 1-inch by 1-inch circuit board here; **broken link removed** for $15 USD that includes a 10-MHz 1-ppm TCXO and the little trimmer pot', and he even sets the frequency against his rubidium reference before shipping it to you...

Good luck on your project... Regards, Mike

Mike said:
Hi Oliver,

I wonder what kind of stability you're lookin' for from that project Sir?

There's a pretty nice little 1-inch by 1-inch circuit board here; **broken link removed**

Thanks for the info.
1 ppm would be great!
However, I would like to try and build it myself as I have most of the parts from old projects.

Brett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back