Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diy sprut esr/ lealage meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter g

hi all, i recently built the above meter that was listed on kriptons esr meter builds.there are three words in german that i would like translated. they are lade, entlad and messe c. can anyone help? thanks.

lade is "charging" and entlad is "discharging".

I've asked a German friend about messec

Edit: I think it means something along the lines of Capacitance is... but my friend should be able to confirm either way.

Last edited:
hi,and thanks for your quick reply. i thought possibly lade meant shorted or leaking as it appears when i connect a shorted cap to the tester?

Messe could be measure, from the verb messen - to measure.

Interestingly, until five minutes ago, the only meaning I knew for messe was exhibition hall.

JimB

Google says messe = fair

when i connect a good cap the 3 words flash in turn with the word o.k.
That would make sense as the circuit first charges the cap and then discharges the cap and makes measurements along the way.

When you try the shorted cap, it is trying to charge it and won't proceed to the next stage because of the short and lack of charge.

o.k., so if the cap under test can't charge lade is displayed. how is entlad related to a defect. sorry, for my dullness.

I would have to go off and study the circuit and code a bit more, but I'd say if the charge doesn't come up to a specific value with in a preset amount of time, the circuit would assume it was either leaky or either low or high in value.

Most of theses devices work by looking at how long something holds a charge, how long it takes to charge/discharge or the current through the cap once charged (leakage) or a combination of those methods. Note that the above is a simplified explanation of how they work without all the maths (I hate maths :) ).

Googling "diy sprut esr/ lealage meter" only gets me back to this thread. Is the a proper URL to see what is being discussed ?

Les.

Hi Terry, Many thanks for providing the information that should have been provided by the OP.
It looks to be a very well presented design with a good explanation of the theory of operation.

Regards Les. (G8FUB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back