Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY POE power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneOfDaZZZ

So I have been searching the web and Power of Eithernet is starting to become cheap for 1 port injectors however 4-12 port units are still kind of expensive and really there isn't much to them. I need a rig that can handle supplying 802.3af standard POE voltage(minimum 44 V DC and 350 mA) I've looked online for 48 volt circuit designs but most 48 volt designs seem to be centered around audio amps and they tend to want a higher current then i need for this application.

FYI -
using to power cheap POE CCTV cameras
input voltage could be either 100VAC +/- 10%

If anyone has already done this and wouldn't mind sharing I could use the help.

OneOfDaZZZ

Here is an interesting page for Single Port injectors: poeinjector.com/injectors/

Remember that 1000BT will be higher and so will management capabilities.

It would not surprise me if you could not find one that, for instance, generated an SMTP if say a camera got disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back