Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY MP3 Player Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindctrl

Hi all,

I've been looking around on the web to find a project for a do-it-yourself MP3 player, made from a PIC and using a CompactFLASH card or a regular IDE hard drive. I've found many sites that have the projects, but most of them are out dated and incomplete. I would like to build an mp3 player to go in my car. (Read: Not buy one, but build one!)

I just would like something with a smallish circuit board, an LCD, buttons, and a hard drive. Boots up and powers down quick, thats what I like about the PIC instead of using a full fledged computer. Does anybody have any suggestions about what project to follow, with a link? Or do I just need to make this out on my own(please no)? Thanks!

--mindctrl

AT89C51SND1C is a 6 clock/ instruction 8051 with built in MP3 decoder. It has built in interfaces for popular Flash cards or you could build in some cheap NAND flash like TC58DVM82A1FT. Digikey has both of these parts. Since almost everything is built into the chip it will be a mostly software solution - it looks to be as simple as reading data from a card and putting it into the MP3 decoder Buffer

When you build this, i will hail you as a god :lol: Judging from your posts, you sound entry level.

Good luck

ps. dont let this post put you off, i'm just a skeptic 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back