Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY home security system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonu Babu

I am working on my BE project... An antitheft system wherein i am planning to build an autodialer and enable real time monitoring system.... Controller going to be used is 89C51.. Can u plz help me in it

Since commercial autodialers are available off the shelf along with all of the other major components required, isn’t this a rather trivial project? What do you intend to do that is not currently available that will make this stand out in the marketplace?

Just to mention, as for cameras, I have used cheap old 8mm camcorders or ones that have a defect other than staying on and able to send the video. They last for years and the pic is the best. The audio beats anything. I run them to an old vcr or rf mod and then 300 feet with rg59 coax. I use a pinnacle pctv card to monitor and record to computer HD. You can get multichannel cards on ebay but the CCTV/ BNC plug type only allow one audio per 4 channels and you would have to do some adaptation for the cameras. I think pinnacle makes a 2 channel TV card or you can put more than one in the PC but the use 38% on my 2.6 GHZ PC while recording one channel. About 42GB / 24 hours on my setting.

Thanx for the suggestions.... Actually autodialer is just a part of the project... The real time monitoring has to be enabled using a webcam and the user must be able to view his home wherever he mite b...if he has got an internet access... There is a software i heard named PC Anywhere using which the server;s desktop can be viewed.. I have just implemented the alarm part.. The rest two parts are to be implemented...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back