Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Flashing LEDS......week end project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjubluerock3

hii i am sharing the DIY flashing leds project here... this is fun with leds week end project is from "MAKE" magazine i have attached all the source here including PCB layout and use eagle to open the files....enjoy..........

Attachments

• makelightfiles.zip
    337.1 KB · Views: 144
Please attach the schematic as a PNG file type so everybody can see it.

make light flashing leds

i have attached the sch in png format

Attachments

• makelight_sch.png
    makelight_sch.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 208
The LEDs simply flash on and off all at the same time.
The value of the RBASE is too high for the 2N2222 to turn on that much current (about 220mA). The base current should be 22mA then RBASE should be 300 ohms.

Go down to at least 500 ohms for the 2N2222 base resistor otherwise it will not fully saturat and may over heat. Not all posted projects are right even though thay may work. Andy

Some 2N2222 transistors might work if the base resistor is as high as 1k ohms but some will not work. If the base resistor is 300 ohms then all passing 2N2222 transistors will work.

i had an issue earlier that leds were not flashing ....
finally its working after shorting pin 5 and 8 thank you guys......

Last edited:
A 555 oscillator will not work if pin 5 is shorted to pin 8.
Pin 4 must be shorted to pin 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back