Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diy alarm clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasnulhadiyusuf

Good day all forum members!

Completely noob here.

As title suggest, i would like to run 2 projects. which will be a DIY water gun alarm clock (view the howcast link below) and Car horn DIY alarm clock.

https://www.diylife.com/2009/11/30/how-now-how-to-make-a-water-gun-alarm-clock/

Being a complete newbie i really need advice!. For my water gun alarm clock, I really need help on how do I work with the relay switch. I've read about relays which was a little bit confusing and I could not figure out which one is the voltage relay switch. Theres so many types of relays, which one should I use?? SSR?

I'm not sure on whether i'll be using an AC operated or battery (DC) operated alarm clock. is there any difference with regards to the need of relay switch?. My motorized water gun will be using 4 AA batteries. Or is it possible if I just connect the wire (originally going to alarm clock speaker) to the trigger of the motor gun without relay?

Next question will be for my second project.

Since car horn are powered by 12V car batteries, how do I work with connecting an alarm clock speaker wire to that and do I need a relay such as the above situation? I was thinking if I use a battery operated alarm clock, I might get a weak sound from the horn due to lacking of voltage. But what will happen if I use a AC alarm clock?

Really could use some help here. Especially with the relay switch. A link or ebay link would be nice. Parts are very difficult to get here in my country. Best possible bet is radioshack. Hopefully its not that pricey. Local hardware store does not even have PCB =.=". But they are selling soldering equipment of various wattage value.

Thank in advance guys! really appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum!
Or is it possible if I just connect the wire (originally going to alarm clock speaker) to the trigger of the motor gun without relay?
Most unlikely.
I'm not sure on whether i'll be using an AC operated or battery (DC) operated alarm clock.
You would have to decide before any interface circuit could be designed.
If your car horn is in the car and controlled by the car's computer don't mess with it; you'd risk damaging the computer.

That project with the alarm clock looks terrible.

Moving on, gathering from what the video describes, I think they may be using something like a 'PAA110' ( I found that by looking on eBay for 'solid state relay dip').

As for your second project, I can't see why you would want to interface an alarm clock with a car horn.

That said, whatever power is driving the clock is not the issue here, it's what is coming out of the speaker wires that you need to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back