Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Divert Voice call via Bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hi

I am looking for ideas for what am about to explain.

I have a Mobile phone w/ Bluetooth capability.There's another table unit phone with a developed Bluetooth capability.When i press a ' Divert' key on the Mobile phone , the Audio calls are transferred to the base unit phone and vice-versa.
Just like we use in a car hands free.

Can someone suggest how this can be done?

Thanks and regards

With a device that is built around that type of design...
I don't believe I can transfer between two bluetooth devices, but my phone is able to with a single button divert between bluetooth and device headset with a button push.

If you wanted to do it yourself you would need a rather complicated setup, you would need ALL of the devices to communicate with the host that you have to program, and then your phone to talk to only this host device, and then you would have to write the software that determined who was able to do what.

Thanks Sceadwian for replying
Actually one of the paired devices in this setup will be a bluetooth enabled mobile phone.So the major part will be to pair with the bluetooth device and open the audio channel on it and route all voice signal to this channel.So it is communication between only these two devices (mobile phone and the bluetooth device)..i know this is done in hands free car kits,where the mobile phone sends your conversation over bluetooth to the car music system.
I just dont know how that is done though!!

Thanks and regards

I think you're missing the big picture abicash, to do what you want you'll need to connect to FOUR devices.
The mobile phone, the audio device the intermediary device and the target device.
The intermediary devices would pair with both the mobile phone and the audio source process the information coming from both of them and then send that information to the target device (the car)

So the intermediary device will need to be capable of 3 simultaneous bluetooth pairing connections independently, and you'll have to write all the code yourself for it as I'm not aware of anything like this on the market. You MIGHT be able to do it with a VERY complicated bluetooth dongle setup and an audio mixer outputting to another bluetooth dongle but it would be a lot of effort and might have trouble in an automotive environment.

Basically what you would do is buy two bluetooth audio receiver dongles (tons of them out there) that support the profiles that your mobile phone and GPS do (probably headset device) those dongles would output straight audio, that goes into the mixer which spits the two out to the third dongle which would be a bluetooth dongle pair with the car. The whole setup would live under a seat. It's doable I think but it would probably cost 50-100 dollars and I'm not sure what gotcha's there could be during an install, all devices would have to auto-pair on power up

Last edited:
Hi Sceadwian

I think i was not very clear ,i will explain it in very simple words
I want to design a Bluetooth headset! The headset in this case is in the form of a basic telephone set.

Sorry abicash I got your post mixed up with a completely different bluetooth question, had too many windows open and responded to the wrong one.

What is this table unit phone with bluetooth that you're talking about though, is this a real device? If your mobile phone doesn't specifically allow the transfering of bluetooth calls then there's really not much you can do.

Hi Sceadwian
Yes the table unit phone would be a real device once designed.Its basically an extension of the bluetooth headset.In the simplest form i will just tap the wires of mic and speaker and feed to a basic telephone set.
Incidentally i was looking for chips that are used in bluetooth headsets,and i found that **broken link removed**holds a majority market.

Sorry for the initial confusion abicash, but what market are you trying to aim this device at? They've been commercially available for quiet some time.

Hi Sceadwian
This will be targeted at a Consumer Electronics market.I tried to search for such a device but was unable to pin point an exact application.All which i found were embedded in car audio players and such stuff.

You're using improper search terms then.
Here's one example.
Bluetooth Cordless Home Phone Telephones Link Cell Landline Gigaset One ATT Panasonic DECT 6.0
And that's for a dect system. Expensive but worth it. Cheaper handset type devices that will connect to a bluetooth enable mobile phone as a handset profile are out there if you look I'm sure.

I almost forgot about this one, but recalled it just as I was searching for bluetooth handsets.
ThinkGeek :: ThinkGeek Bluetooth Retro Handset

The key searchterm here is bluetooth HANDset not headset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back