Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

distribution grid simulation. I need some help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzmrk

endpowergrd.png

Hi, I am working on theoretical smartgrid concept for a small island.This island's power grid is connected to a mainland powergrid through underwater cable.I have found a picture in internet of a circuit simulation ,precisely for that cable,though there is no explanation, and I havent worked with such kind of software before.If someone could help me to clarify some of the data shown on the picture, it would be just great.
Some of my question might seem stupid, but I have no other source of information...

Question1: why do we have 3 V base loads (A,B,C),what are they suppose to mean and why their voltage is 342 and not for example 360?
Question2: why summ of all kVLL=85,50 (line to line voltage)?
Question3: what is PF ?
Question4: what kind of equation is used to estimate KW losses in this simulation?

thank you in advance for any kind of assistance and have a nice day

It's normal to do this kind of circuit simulation in per unit notation and because of that I'd think that 'V base' would refer to the base voltage of the system. There are three of them as it's a three phase system.

PF is the power factor which is a dimensionless number between -1 and 1. I don't know why here it is given as >1!

I recommend the following pieces of software:
They aren't free but the demo versions may give you limited functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back