Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distance measuring sensor.!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
to all masters out there...do you know what sensor is best and cheap to determine a distance.??thanks..i'm gonna used it for my electronic project in school..my project will be a "parallel parking sensor"..and i'm using the PIC16F84A as the MCU..!!thanks a lot :D

Try with THIS as a receiver and THIS as a transmitter.

You send a 40Khz burst via the transmitter and you count how long it took to reach an object and back. You will need to design a small circuit based on opamp and comparator for the receiver.

Mike

Or you can buy a Ping ultrasonic sensor from Parallax (or a similar sensor from another vendor) and save yourself the trouble of trying to develop your own ultrasonic ranging sensor (which isn't a trivial project); unless your goal is to learn how to build such a sensor, you will end up spending far more money and time than if you purchase such an ultrasonic ranger sensor. The Ping sensor is but one device; other vendors sell similar devices, then there are ones from Maxbotics, and a few other companies (there's a very expensive, but narrow beam one that uses the same sensor as old Polaroid cameras made by SensComp). Which brings up another possibility - pull the sensor out of an old Polaroid camera and hack that (Sun 660 and the Spectra are popular models with the sensor - tons of info online about hacking both cameras for use with microcontrollers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back