Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disposing electronic parts/components/tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssylee

1. I have attempted to build a dual-polarity power supply. However, from the projects that I have found, I don't think I have much uses for it in real life (also the negative rail isn't working all that well as I need to externally connect a dissipating resistor in parallel to discharge the capacitor when I turned off the power). Do you know of a good way to get rid of it in an environmentally friendly way, maybe even recuperating some of the costs of the material, for other enthusiasts' uses?

2. I have also attempted to build a function generator using this site (**broken link removed**). I probably should have bought the kit (although it's not available now), but I have problems getting the circuit working. I also noticed the differences between the current switch configurations (namely the example on the chip's datasheet requiring a FSK input). I have no idea of what would be a good way to generate that FSK input, or how to get this circuit working in general. I may end up buying a function generator off the shelf later, so again, I'm wondering if you know of a good way for me to recuperate as much as I can for the parts for someone who is interested in continuing on.

I thought of craigslist, but I have my doubts about its usefulness to accomplish what I have just mentioned.

Also,

3. I have a breadboard that I have used for a few years, with a fair portion of the contacts unuseable now. I want to get rid of it, but wondering if there is any environmentally friendly way of doing so before resorting to throwing it into the garbage bin.

Thanks in advance.

If you're not wanting money for them, Google Freecycle

Lots of hobbyists out there who will have a tinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back