Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discontinued help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse

Hi,
First post here so hello to everyone.
I'm trying to source some equivalent I.C.s. They are a T74LS175B1 (ST) and a SN74LS38N (TI).
The board they are off is getting on a bit and they need to be replaced.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Eclipse,
Welcome to the site.

these are general logic ICs and madeby many venders -At the best you can replace them with 74HCT versions with the same numbering.

Why at all you need equivalents? you get them directly!!!

Hi,
Here in the UK they were end of life some time ago. We can only source them from the US but they are expensive.
They carry a charge of £15 per order!!

Perhaps if you had filled your location in people would know you were in the UK?.

Perhaps you haven't tried RS Components, probably the biggest UK supplier?, they list a 74LS175 and a 74F38.

You might even look at Bardwells https://bardwells.co.uk/detail.asp?stockid=74LS38 who list the 74LS38 - a few seconds on google found that, amongst many others in the UK.

Hi,
Sorry for not making that clear and thank you for the advice.
I'm just a lowly test engineer and not so up to scratch until I finish college.
Sometimes I get stuck with older components and the obvious replacements are right there in front of me.
It was Farnell who wanted to charge for import.
As you rightly pointed out they are both on RS.
They have a SN74F38N and SN74LS175N.
Again thank you for your time.

NOthing wrong with a test engineer. THat's what I did last summer and it was a helluva lot better than the jobs that the other engineering students who were in the traditional program (and no the coop program) could nail down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back