Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIScharging a capacitor without a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoria

once everything is in place to charge this puppy (my other thread), i also need some way of discharging it (a spark). i am in the process of designing an adjustable spark gap thingy (for lack of another name), but i dont know how to dump this capacitor that we now have charged across my spark gap. i would just do it with a switch, but then i can't implement my timing (delay) circuit that i've been working on. any suggestions?

Take a look at coil gun projects, they should give you some ideas for discharging high voltage capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back