Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DirecTV transmitted to a remote TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeCrashKop

Most Helpful Member
Girlfriend would like a TV in the bathroom to watch while she is doing girlie stuff and getting beautiful. I have a DirecTV digital receiver with 1 HDMI, composite and component output but not wifi output. There is a USB but I don’t think it’s an output.

I don’t want to crawl in the attic with new fiberglass insulation to install a cable.

Is there a device that will send the DirecTV output to a TV or smart TV that is 2 rooms away?

Is there a wireless variety of that? I have never needed one before.

Last edited:
Do you want to transmit HDTV or just standard def?

There are devices that will wirelessly transmit HDTV or standard def signals. Here are some examples. The HDTV ones are more expensive, naturally. And you may also need an HDMI splitter if you want both a local TV at the receiver and a remote TV, unless you can use component video instead of HDMI locally.

I have some somewhere that are
Okay. I'll amend my comment to say that I've never seen one. I have seen wireless modulators for standard def TV (and I have one) but all the 3/4 channels ones I've seen have a low level cable output signal which is insufficient to drive an antenna over any appreciable range.

Last edited:
Thanks Crutschow, that is exactly what I am looking for. There are a lot of them.
My searches just came up with Wifi receivers.
I guess I don’t pay much attention to technology until I actually need it.

Last edited:
I have seen wireless TV transmitters on Ebay they have a range of about 100 feet far enough to transmit a TV any where in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back