Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Directional Laser Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the subject, I know it's a bit ambiguous but I can't think of anything else to call it.

The shop I work at uses a laser across the door that chimes when someone walks through and breaks the beam.

This gets irritating because it chimes every time someone walks in or out.

I want to modify his setup to include two lasers (10 - 20 mm apart) and set to chime when someone enters the shop and not when they exit.

Can anyone help with a circuit, keywords I can search on google or a different idea such as a PIR detector?

Thanks in advance

a little bit info . suppose A and B are the two detectors , the vistors going in first pass A and then B
ok. when A gets triggered (ie beam broken), the ckt associated with it will enable the o/p of (for a short duration) the sensor B, and it will chime only when A and B are broken sequentialy..and will work only in one direction.

akg said:
a little bit info . suppose A and B are the two detectors , the vistors going in first pass A and then B
ok. when A gets triggered (ie beam broken), the ckt associated with it will enable the o/p of (for a short duration) the sensor B, and it will chime only when A and B are broken sequentialy..and will work only in one direction.
Thanks akg, thats exactly what I wanted.
I found another thread that answers the same question.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/capacitance.18451/
Thanks for your help.

suicidalmonkey said:
akg said:
Thanks akg, thats exactly what I wanted.
I found another thread that answers the same question.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/capacitance.18451/
Thanks for your help.

you are welcome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back