Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diodes in Indicator Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

What diodes would you guys recommend to use in my circuit posted in an earlier thread to help keep the LEDs from being lit by current flowing backwards through my circuit and possibly destroying the LEDs by the backwards current.

kchriste said:
If you mean this circuit:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/indicator-circuit-jpg.16660/
Then 1N4148 or 1N914 will work fine. 1N4001 is over kill current wise but will also work.

Thanks. If you look for an earlier post, you would find diodes everywhere. I took them out in my latest iteration of that circuit. They're pretty redundant for what I need them for. The only diodes that I left are the ones that keep the power flowing in the right direction, keeping LEDs from being destroyed or lit up when they are not supposed to be lit.

It's been a few days since I posted my last query, I forgot to post the current iteration of my circuit so here it is

**broken link removed**

I wish you stayed in one thread.
Why is your schematic as big as my entire neighbourhood?

I think you have pin 3 (output) of the 555 mixed up with its pin 4 (reset input). Then the output of the 555 is fighting with the emitter of the transistor.

audioguru said:
I wish you stayed in one thread.
Why is your schematic as big as my entire neighbourhood?

I think you have pin 3 (output) of the 555 mixed up with its pin 4 (reset input). Then the output of the 555 is fighting with the emitter of the transistor.

I didn't create the 555 portion, so I don't know. And the reason it is so big i used a normal CAD program to create the schematic, so its as big as it is. I'm working on my circuit using Eagle, so i may be able to reduce it in size.

I looked at your last thread. You did mixup pins 3 and 4 on the 555.
The huge schematic is full of huge spaces that could be cropped.

audioguru said:
I looked at your last thread. You did mixup pins 3 and 4 on the 555.
The huge schematic is full of huge spaces that could be cropped.

Thanks for telling me about that before I went and soldered the board together and had that error keeping the circuit from working. I know I'm bumping this thread, but I would like to thank everyone that has helped me try to figure out this circuit since the creation of the original circuit some time ago. If the moderator wants to close this one, feel free. I have figured out the circuit and just need to get the stuff together to build the circuit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back