Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diodes - Fast Switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistor1

What is ment by a Fast Switching Diode?

How fast is fast?

If I have have two different type of Fast Switching Diodes how do I find out out which one switches fasted (what paramater in the data sheet do I look for)?

Last edited:
If you Googled, why is your link to Yahoo?:D

hi Ron,
Thats a good question, I wish I had an equally good answer.:rolleyes:

I suppose I could try to waffle my way out of it by saying I was referring to a Google generically,,,BUT I guess it was just a reflex action.!

Regards

Last edited:
hi Ron,

I suppose I could try to waffle my way out of it by saying I was referring to a Google generically,,,BUT I guess it was just a reflex action.!

Regards
OMG! Google has become the Kleenex of search engines! The Coke of colas!:D

Last edited:
hi Ron,

Regards
Oh, I know, I know! Pick me, pick me!

I have seen that often enough... google linking to yahoo or some other engine's searches.

yeh fast switching diodes have high reverse recovery time nearly in the order of 25us.after a diode is F.B it continues to conduct in the reverse direction because of stored charges(due to junction capacitance) it takes some time for it to stop.Called as Trr.I guess Wikipedia has some thing nice about it though.Epitoxial layer makes the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back