Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode, Transistor identification..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonaiko

hello guys..
i have a diode and a transistor in my hands..
how would i know that this is the Anode side and that is the kathode side of the diode? the current flows from A to K right?

how would i know which is the base and which is the emitter and the collector in the transistor?

Current will start to flow when the anode is more +ve than the cathode by about 0.7v for a silicon diode.

Transistors junctions will test like 2 diodes using a ohm-meter on the diode test function. The common terminal will be the base, and from here you should get 2 diode readings, one to the emitter, and one to the collector. The one with the lowest reading (look carefully on the digital readout) will be the base-collector junction. You should get high resistance between collector-emitter. For NPN the "anode" side of the virtual diodes will be on the base and for PNP it will be the cathode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back