Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without seeing the plan its hard to tell, but almost certainly yes. The 4002s have 100v rating with the 4001s at 50v, so they are over specified if anything. I think the higher voltage diodes are marginally slower reacting (?), but that probably isn't a problem.

These diodes are realy rectifiers not so good for normal switching. The question now is what is your applications for these diodes.

Troy310589

The answer is 99.99% yes they will work. You mention a circuit, had you posted the circuit or a link to it. The .01 would not be in there..

what is the difference in a in4002 and a in4004, how can i find info on diodes like this, when i search it always comes up with shops selling em, new question will in4002 diodes work in a design that needs in4004diodes? (sorry, cant find link to site, but is similar design to above...)

There is a series of diodes, 1N4001 through to 1N4007.
The difference is the PIV rating. (PIV = Peak Inverse Voltage)
The 1N4001 has a PIV of 50 volts, the 1N4007 has a PIV of 1000v (from memory).

A diode with a higher number in the series can be used instead of one with a lower number.
But NOT the other way around without considering the voltages in the circuit.

What I do when buying these diodes is just get 1N4007 and these can be used in place of any other 1N400x diode. Saves stocking a whole load of different diodes.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back