Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode Protection Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

I have designed an automatic testing jig for (SMD) diodes. The circuit incorporates a PIC, and few other Digital IC's. One thing that is missing is a protection circuit for the diodes. In the event that the operator has connected the diode in reverse polarity, he needs to be alerted of his mistake and at the same time there must not bu any damage to the diodes.
The PIC's ADC does the sensing part..so the pins are natuarlly configured as inputs..so I do not see a major problem as there would ( hopefully ) no current flowing out to damage the diode. But I do have an Analog Switch in betrween the PIC and ADC ..so I need some precautions anyway..
The second part is the indication ckt. I thought of designing a reverse operatrion circuit that would funnction only if the diode was connected in reverse polarity..however this means connecting a (seperate/pic o/ps) supply of 5v and a series combo of resistor and LED.
I shall post a schematic soon..but can you guys help me in suggesting other alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back