Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diode problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamikrudra

can i use IN5408 which is 3 AMP silicon rectifier insted of 2A05 Which is 2 AMP silicon rectifire in my power SUpply where these diodes r used to 220V ac to 220 V DC

The voltage and current ratings for a 1N5408 are fine for 220VAC.
When you rectify 220VAC, the peak voltage is 311V so your filter cap must be rated for at least 350V and I would use 400V. :lol:

Check the current requirement for the the application.
If you are using bridge of full wave rectifier then current through each diode will be only half of total current.

Yea wen drived by an full AC source each diode pair will take half of the wave.

But if the original is an 2A and the replacment 3A and they have indentical readings it shod work fine.

Its safe to replace weaker components whith stronges ones (note that fuses,triger and zener diodes... HAVE to be identical)

Replace that bridge. It will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back