Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diode identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer0140

I have a electric vehicle controller that has a flywheel diode that is made from
small diodes (similar to small cylinders or buttons packaged between 2 bussbars) Can anyone identify what type of diodes thes are. thanks

They might be semiconductors.

This is all that can be determined based on the information that you provided.

Last edited:
Identification of diodes is seldom needed. Find out how much current and what voltage the diodes in your circuit were under and just replace them with whatever you can get access to. The only really important thing which you've already stated is that these are flywheel diodes so they need to have a fast reverse recovery time.

These diodes look like a small 1/4 round by 3/8 long cyclinder. They do not have leads attached instead the metal protrudin from the end are soldered to the copper bus bar. I have saw similar diodes in golf gart battery charges used as rectifiers. But of course these need to have fast recovery characterics. I just need to know the package type or what it is called.

If they're used as rectifiers they don't need to be fast recovery. Power rectifiers seldom need to deal with frequencies greater than 60hz so recovery charactoristics aren't usually even considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back