Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diode identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavanne

hello guys..
can you help me to identify a diode?

Drawing DO-41 mini,
and as marks is: one blue colored ring at left,
then 2 lines(one above the other):
on the first line only one digit: 4
on the second line only on letter B
the body is cylindric and black
----------
_____ |]]] 4 |_______
|]]] B |
----------
] ]____ 2 lines one below the other
]_______ Blue ring

Thanks,
-chavanne

Someone else might recongize the numbers you've given. But it would help if you could post a close-up picture of the part.

hi,
It was in the switching power supply of a cx3200 printer. This diode is short circuited, like the 2 transistors of the switching stage.
The cathode of the diode is connected to the collector of a NPN C4408 and the anode to the emitter.
No circuit diagram.
thank.

Last edited:
Well, not much information. It's a shame mfg can't print the full numbers on a part with so much real estate.

Just a guess, but it might help.

The package looks pretty much like the 1N54XX type diode. Use an 1N5404 or higher for replacement. Continuous current 3A.

I agree with the 54 but
the package of 1N54XX is do-201ad or like. It to big.
The diode i am looking for is packaged in a do-41 mini or do-15.
I thinks it is a silicium 1NXX54 (5 for the green color, 4; and B for silicium).
However, i will try a FR202, a 2A fast recovery diode, wich mach the transistor in voltage, current and speed.
thanks

Last edited:
Just a guess, but it might help.

The package looks pretty much like the 1N54XX type diode. Use an 1N5404 or higher for replacement. Continuous current 3A.

The 1N54XX package is more elongated. This one is shorted and rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back