Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveG81

I have a power supply that transforms 230vac to 24vdc & 5vdc. The PS has a fault on the 5v line and faults out almost immediately. When I stripped down and inspected the circuit board I found a blown diode on the 5v circuit. The diode is that badly blown I can't identify it. I have no circuit diagram and the manufacturer has been no help. Am I completely stuffed? The diode it two legged and black it has triangles at one end. Other diodes near it say DRA 60 or ORA60 on them. What does that represent? These diodes come from the same common block which appears to come from a large capacitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm an electrical and PLC engineer and haven't done any electronic circuit stuff since college so a little bit of a novice lol. I will add a pic but it's not very good.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    717.6 KB · Views: 159
you could indicate the brand and model number of the psu. .
Is it smps type with no heavy transformer?
your photograph is fuzzy and not focused well.
perhaps you need to set to portrait on normal camera not the mobile cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back