Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diode characteristics in circuit maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1120

hi all
I am using a 1N4150 diode in a snubber circuit to be used as part of a hysterisys feedback switching circuit.The max current and voltage thru the diode is 1A and 20volts respectively.In circuit maker,for the description of this part is written p50Volts,200mA Si computer diode.What does this mean?Should I change my diode to one which has min 1A in its description?Can you please recommend one?
Thanks.

Please post a schematic.

In a snubber circuit drawing 1A, 1A will only be the peak diode current so a 200mA unit will do. I don't know if your simulation software will take this into accound though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back