Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dim Interior LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryden_burton

I recently replaced the interior light bulbs in my car with LED bulbs. When the interior lights are off the LEDs glow dimly due to a slight current leak in the interior light circuit. Im wondering if there is anything I can do to drain the excess current safely and keep the LEDs from glowing? Thanks.

Your car probably can tell if the bulb is burned out, so that it can nag you to replace the bulb. It does that by passing a small current through the lamp even when it isn't lit. The test current is likely sufficient to cause the LEDs to glow. Put the bulb back!

Thanks Diver300. Worked great, Resistor doesnt even get warm to the touch. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back