Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Volt Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos H

Hi:
I am very pensioned with Radio Control planes and I want to build a Small voltmeter for the plane, I need to see what is the voltage of it when it is on through a small display attached to the Plane. The only restriction is size; it has to be very small. I would really appreciate if some has a diagram with components already developed.

Thanks in advance
Carlos H.

Russlk said:
Why do you want a voltmeter? What is it measuring? Did you mean altimeter? How are you going to read it?

I need the volt meter to see before I take off the batteries voltage when I have the plane with all the load (servos)
Regards
Carlos H

samcheetah said:
go to https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/test/014/index.html

this voltmeter uses the ICL7107 voltmeter IC that can display on 4 7-segment displays. but if you dont want to get into building a voltmeter i suggest that you buy one of those digital panel meters that are easily available from almost all electronics stores.

Thanks alot for this. I checked it and I think this is what I am looking for, I have 2 questions
1) Where can I buy the ICL7107 and the rest of the components
2) Can I only use 2 MAN 6960 instead of 4, I have some issues with the space in the Plane and the voltage that I have on the plane is less than 20 Volts

Thanks a lot for your help
Regards
Carlos H.

samcheetah said:
go to https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/test/014/index.html

this voltmeter uses the ICL7107 voltmeter IC that can display on 4 7-segment displays. but if you dont want to get into building a voltmeter i suggest that you buy one of those digital panel meters that are easily available from almost all electronics stores.

Thanks alot for this. I checked it and I think this is what I am looking for, I have 2 questions
1) Where can I buy the ICL7107 and the rest of the components
2) Can I only use 2 MAN 6960 instead of 4, I have some issues with the space in the Plane and the voltage that I have on the plane is less than 20 Volts

Thanks a lot for your help
Regards
Carlos H.

you can buy the 7107 from any electronics store. as you havent filled in your location so it is hard to tell which store would be best for you. just go on google and search for the 7107 and see which company ships components to your country.

as for your second question, well if you make the PCB like it is shown i think its going to be really teeny weeny even with the 4 7-segment displays. but if you want to use just 2 you would have to consult the data sheet and make the connections accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back