Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Soldering Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but I did not see where they were selling tips or handles? Without replacement tips I would not buy it.

there are replacement tips you just have to read. one of the reviews tells you what model # the tips are

Edit: ah i was thinking of another one

Last edited:
I bet the soldering iron, parts for it, tips for it and RadioShack won't be around in a few years.

RadioShack suddenly disappeared from Canada.

I got the $39.99 one they used to sell (still have in some stores, but I believe they are discontinuing it). I love it! Although I don't think you can find tips for it at the Shack, you can buy them at Sears in a pack of 3 for $3.49. Just a thought if you're on a budget.

RadioShack suddenly disappeared from Canada.

Now called "The source", however they are mostly electronic products like cell phones ipods etc and their parts stuff is very limited and was not that great to begin with .

Radio Scrap, we called it.
15 amp fuses that blew with 8 amps. Needed a generic diode once for some repairs while traveling. Bought a dozen 1n4007's in a pack and 8 of them were open.
That's why they are sold in packs of a dozen: rolleyes:

RadioShack bought and sold "sweepings from a factory's floor" (seconds). At very high prices.
A few of their speakers and amplifiers were pretty good and had a pretty good price when they were on sale.

Here is a picture of the Craftsman tips...you get all 3 in a package for $3.49.

Attachments

• Tips.jpg
    Tips.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 177
A few of us have purchased the from MPJA. So far one person has reported problems with the cord between the iron and the stand. That may have been in a commercial setting. Not usre. I like mine.
The station is inexpensive at under $50 and they sell both tips and handles.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back