Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital signal/ digital technic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintincute

Hi

does anybody know by chance, if there are some books available for digital technic or digital signal

i would like to know the difference bet asynchronous & synchronous signal.

i've tried to search in the internet, but the answer seems to be vague.
maybe there are some books for beginners.
ideas are appreciated. thanks

regards
tintincute

Last edited:
Hi

does anybody by chance know, if there are some books available for digital technic or digital signal

i would like to know the difference bet asynchronous & synchronous signal.

i've tried to search in the internet, but the answer seems to be vague.
maybe there are some books for beginners.
ideas are appreciated. thanks

regards
tintincute

Generally speaking, an asynchronous signal works independent of a clock, while the synchronous signal needs a clock (usually in the form of a second signal or line.)

ok, thanks. can you recommend some good books about digital techniques?

regards

I was trying to think of what to recommend this morning, but couldn't. For now, here is a link to some info on the web which is alright, especially since it is free. :)

hey thanks. i think it's a very good link
any idea, what are the advantages and disadvantages of analog to digital signal?

the topic is all about digital technique/digital electronic, not really sure what's the difference of two. but here, it states: Analog signal/system or Digital signal or system.

the topic is all about digital technique/digital electronic, not really sure what's the difference of two. but here, it states: Analog signal/system or Digital signal or system.

Well, if you think of things in the real world, with an infinite number of steps - for example the temperature can be 0 degrees, or 1 degree, or any fraction between - you are in the realm of analog. An analog signal can vary the same way as the temperature.

If you think of things like the switch to your light - there are two states on and off, or 0 and 1 - then you are in the digital world. A digital signal is composed of 0s and 1s. Usually a zero is indicated by 0 volts, and a 1 by a positive number. For example, +5 volts is a one in transistor - transistor logic. Actually it isn't exactly 5 volts; see the top of this page for actual values:

Does that make sense for you?

Last edited:
The main reason everything is going digital is that, once the signal is converted to digital form, it doesn't degrade, and it can then be readily stored as a series of digital words which can be duplicated indefinitely without errors. And once a signal is in digital form it is easy to do all types of digital operations on the signal, such as analysis, filtering, modifying, etc. some of which are difficult or impossible with the signal in analog form.

Analog signals can degrade from many factors: noise (thermal and interference), channel bandwidth limits, amplifier distortion, etc. They are also difficult to store, duplicate and reproduce without further degradation. One area that is still mainly analog is in the high frequency RF area such as microwave signals, where digital processing is not yet fast enough to be practical.

hi BeeBop, just read your reply. i think it answers my question. thanks for your idea. the lecture that i'm into in right now, is quite difficult not only because of the context, but also because of the language. i've studied it before for 5 years and now i'm repeating it for language reasons. but hey thanks for the input ;-)

crutschow, thanks also for the additional input :)
have a good evening

Hi tintincute,
So English isn't your first language? That is interesting for me. (I taught English as a second language for quite a few years.)

What is your first language?

You seem to be doing very well with the written work. How is your listening skill? I guess that is why you are taking lectures in English?

Regards,
Robert

..I want to buy a good book on digital circuits & signal system....can anybody help me....the book should be available in indian market and also helpful in my preparation for GATE2010...its urgent.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back