Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Sequential Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ergh

Hello, I am confused on how to go about answering the question. The resources such as youtube, and google have proved inadequate, hence why I'm here. I hope someone with a better understanding of digital may be able to get me going on a systematic approcach on answering the following question, and future ones:

https://i60.tinypic.com/hsp0ty.png

Thanks in advance guys, it's really appreciated.

Hello, I am confused on how to go about answering the question. The resources such as youtube, and google have proved inadequate, hence why I'm here. I hope someone with a better understanding of digital may be able to get me going on a systematic approcach on answering the following question, and future ones:

https://i60.tinypic.com/hsp0ty.png

Thanks in advance guys, it's really appreciated.

You make a table of states with columns labeled Ja,Ka,Qa,Qa(t+1) ... Jc,Kc,Qc,Qc(t+1). You have 3 gates, so that makes 8 different states. Fill in the rows for each state. Start with Qa = Qb = Qc = 0 . Then you can determine what the J and K inputs are for each state and determine what the value of Q(t+1) is for the next state. Transfer the Q(t+1) value to the Q of the next row and continue from there.

For this circuit, the sequence is 0->4->6->3->1->0 . If you start from 2, then the sequence is 2->5->7->6->3->and continues with the previous sequence.

Ratch

You make a table of states with columns labeled Ja,Ka,Qa,Qa(t+1) ... Jc,Kc,Qc,Qc(t+1). You have 3 gates, so that makes 8 different states. Fill in the rows for each state. Start with Qa = Qb = Qc = 0 . Then you can determine what the J and K inputs are for each state and determine what the value of Q(t+1) is for the next state. Transfer the Q(t+1) value to the Q of the next row and continue from there.

For this circuit, the sequence is 0->4->6->3->1->0 . If you start from 2, then the sequence is 2->5->7->6->3->and continues with the previous sequence.

Ratch

Thanks Ratch for replying. Actually I am more confused now. Would there not be 16 states A,B,C, and an input (x)?

Thanks.

Thanks Ratch for replying. Actually I am more confused now. Would there not be 16 states A,B,C, and an input (x)?

Thanks.

Where is the input X on the schematic? The number of states is 2^3 = 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back