Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital proportional control with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanevindra

has anyone done it, or know of a way to implement digital proportional control with a PIC?

i want to use it in a RC model. basically it would be if throttle stick is at 50% motor is at 50% and if direction stick is at 45 degrees wheel/rudder turns to 45 degrees.

is there a way of doing it with PICs?

The motor can be controlled via PWM, and requires a single high-current power transistor.
The rudder will be a servo driver, and will require feedback from the servo. AFAIK that will be 4 relatively small transistors in an h-bridge and a variable voltage like a potentiometer as positional feedback.

Looks like I'll need to read up on those transistor configurations. I have no problem creating PWM on the PIC as I have done it before and have controlled servo motors too.

Assuming the PIC and all the controlled elemnts are on the vehicle,how do you transmit the required speed/position to the PIC?how o you make it such that the PIC can realise the PWM needed or the position of the servo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back