Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Multimeter Problem "-1" !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

battery.13v

Hello everyone, i have a Digital Multimeter DT9250, so yesterday i was firing a fire with a lighter (Electric Lighter), and i was concerned about the electricity in produce to make the spark :oops: .... So i dissassemble it, i bring my digital multimeter, i put it in the highest DC voltage and i test it .... However it suddenly rises to infenity and drops to -1, and stuck in -1 one in all the options(Amperage, Resistance, DC AC voltage, Frequencies, Capacitance) , and the continuity test is the only one who is working now .... Please Help me, i worked for 2 weeks to buy this Multimeter and i don't wan't to throw it to the junk .... :(

Like I said on the other website, you destroyed your multimeter by feeding too much voltage to it.

If the processor IC has been fried there is little prospect of an economic repair being possible :(.

Please Help me, i worked for 2 weeks to buy this Multimeter and i don't wan't to throw it to the junk
Then don't throw it in the junk, but it will never be useful as a multimeter again.
So you need to work another two weeks and buy a new one.

As it says in my signature line:
"Experience is directly proportional to the value of the equipment ruined"
So, suck it up, draw a line under it and move on.
You have experience.

JimB

I did the same as the OP.
I didn't feel bad because I hated that indecisive auto range multimeter. That multimeter was like a man watching TV, always checking what's on the other side.
I used the case to host home brewed frequency counter.

So Thx a lot Friends For you help ... it's worth a learned lesson in the static electricity and the piezo electric ignition :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back