Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital IC logic help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello friends !

I want to join my timer circuit with my logic circuit..
I have attached the complete circuit diagram in my attachment...

Please have a look !

You can see in my circuit diagram , there are two circuit's :
1)logic
2)Timer

I want the final output pin to connect in the timer circuit...

So, as the final pins (Pin : 10) gows high it should start the timer to run, and if the final pin gows(Pin :10)
low then it should turn off the timer..

At the ouput of the timer a 6v relay is connected to switch a load..
My relay is 6v and has 100ohms coil..

I have given a logic shematics below in my circuit for better understanding...

I am using Cd4093 for my logic work and cd4060 for timer...

Working of Logic :

Pin 1,2 & 5,6 are working as input pin..
Pin 10 will be the final output.

=============
First logic
=============
IF Pin : 1 & 2 goes high , the pin : 3 will gow low and in turn pin 13 is also connected to pin 3 so
Pin 13 will also be low..

If pin 5 & 6 is low, then the pin 4 and 12 will be high..

So the pin 13 is low and pin 12 is high ... so pin 11 will be high and it will also take pin 8 & 9
high , so the final output pin 10 will be low.. and the timer circuit will turn off..

============
Second logic
============
IF Pin : 1 & 2 goes low , the pin : 3 will gow high and in turn pin 13 is also connected to pin 3 so
Pin 13 will also be High..

If pin 5 & 6 is low, then the pin 4 and 12 will be high..

So the pin 13 is High and pin 12 is also High ... so pin 11 will be Low and it will also take pin 8 & 9
Low , so the final output pin 10 will be high.. and the timer circuit will start to run...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So friends I have made this both circuit and I have tested it seperately ..and it is working but
I dont know how do I connect the logic circuit with timer circuit...

Please help...

Thanks In advance..

Attachments

• Logic_Help.jpg
    Logic_Help.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 155
Connect the anode of a diode to logic pin 11. Connect the cathode of the diode to the reset pin (12) of the 4060.

Last edited:
Connect the anode of a diode to logic pin 11. Connect the cathode of the diode to the reset pin (12) of the 4060.

Thanks alec for your reply but i want to use Logic pin 10 for switching on/off the timer. And you have mentioned to use pin 11.. And can you explain what is the work of diode by adding in between this circuit.. Thanks again..

Pin 10 won't give the switching you specified. The diode holds the counter in the reset state when logic pin 11 goes high, i.e. when logic pin 10 is low.

Hi alec thanks for your reply....

It is working properly now as I was deserving...

And now the next part comes here....

I have attached the repeating timer circuit in my attachment....

Now I want as the 4060 timer stops, the relay should turn off..... and..........
While running (4060 timer) the relay should be turned on...

With it I also want to add my another repeating timer circuit which I have attached in my attachment , alec !

Here again comes the next two conditions in third part :

1)As the 4060 timer stops counting it will also stop this repeating timer...

2)And as the 4060 is running it should turn on the repeating timer.. until it becomes off..

In simple words :
Again :

That is , 4060 timer is also working like repeating timer which is 2hr on and 2hr off...

In 2hr on it will turn on the repeating timer circuit and relay... and in 2hr off state it will turn off the relay and repeating timer circuit....

All circuits are controlled with logic circuit...

If the logic pin 11 is high or Low it will turn on or off the 4060 timer , repeating timer and relay..

This all circuit will work If it gets signal from logic circuit...

Friend help required !

Thanks for co-operations uptill now !

Thanks again in advance...

Attachments

• Repeating timer.PNG
    Repeating timer.PNG
    68.2 KB · Views: 152
Now I want as the 4060 timer stops, the relay should turn off..... and..........
While running (4060 timer) the relay should be turned on...
You already have that. I've lost track of how many timers you have and your new requirements are confusing. Are you now abandoning that setup and instead proposing to control the relay only from the repeating timer, which is itself controlled by the '4060 timer'?
Please draw a timeline showing what is expected to turn on when, and a block diagram showing which unit controls which. It might also help to know what is intended to provide input signals to your logic circuit (which is functioning as a single NOR gate).

???????????????

Last edited:
Connect the cathode of a diode to the 'final output' (Q13, pin 2 of the 4060 timer) and the anode of the diode to pins 5/6 of the repeating timer circuit. That should disable the repeating timer until the 4060 Q13 output goes high. I think that's what you want?
BTW, your drawing shows pin 11 of the logic circuit connected via a diode to the V+ rail instead of to the 4060 reset pin 12.

By connecting the cathode of a diode to the 'final output' (Q13, pin 2 of the 4060 timer) and the anode of the diode to pins 5/6 of the repeating timer circuit, the repeating timer was disabling.. So i fliped the diode and connected the the anode of a diode to the 'final output' (Q13, pin 2 of the 4060 timer) and the cathode of the diode to pins 5/6 of the repeating timer circuit.. And now it was disabling properly.. But now only one problem remains.. The problem is , while touching any sensor wires(just for testing) the 4060 timer counter led blinks very fast or flickers.. And second thing : the all result comes false or unpredictable result.. This occur's also when I flew my hands above the 4060 timer.. It should run properly rather then flickering.. When it flickers the 4060 timer doesn't run except counter led at pin 7 with flickering..

occur's also when I flew my hands above the 4060 timer
Then dont do that! LOL Sorry I had to.

Do you have decupling caps on your chips?

Last edited:
Do you have decoupling caps on your chips?
yes I have decoupling caps in my chips...

but now also problem exists...

The problem is , while touching any sensor wires(just for testing) the 4060 timer counter led blinks very fast or flickers.. And second thing : the all result comes false or unpredictable result.. This occur's also when I flew my hands above the 4060 timer
You have already been told that your body acts as an antenna and picks up RF interference which upsets the circuit. Your body is also statically charged and that affects the circuit. The timer resistors and CMOS circuits are all high impedance and easily affected by stray electromagnetic fields. It is essential that the circuit is housed in a grounded screened enclosure, as you have previously been told.

Hi Alec ! I am not touching the sensor with my hands... I mean I was touching those sensor sensing wire (which will hang in the tank) with each other to sense the appropriate signal without pouring the sensor in water...

But I have also test this in a small tub of water...

The problem remains same.....

As I twist empty or full or water sensor wires the 4060 timer counter led blinks fast and I get every unpredictable results..
Same problem exists when I also put these sensor wires in a small tub of water..

Thanks alec.. again..

I was touching those sensor sensing wire (which will hang in the tank) with each other to sense the appropriate signal
Touching two wires together will cause many intermittent contacts in a fraction of a second. Because of capacitive effects the wires will pick up interference via your body through the insulation.
Same problem exists when I also put these sensor wires in a small tub of water..
The wires need to be electrically screened and you should keep well away from them.
You will continue to get odd results from your circuits until you have them all built tidily, with short inter-wiring between components, on pcbs (not breadboard) housed in a screened, grounded enclosure.

Once the sensors and wires and board are settled than adjust them and you may be OK providing nothing changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back