Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital gauge??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjl4

Can this be done without a 100 resistors?
Imagine 100 phototransistors all lined up side by side forming a line, and let's say #73 is hit by laser beam, phototransistor allows current thru, and a microprocessor know's which one was turned on.
Is there a trick to multiplexing this stuff so a 16f877 can do this without 100 resistors???

Ok I guess judging by the response time, that no one is there, or they don't know.
I figured it out myself, 32 x 32 = 1024. I can multiplex 1024 photo diodes together and get 1024 resolution. 32 rows 32 columns. 32 I/O pins on 16f877.
Yes totally possible.

Thanks anyways.

hi hjl,
Attached scan1.pdf.

The HEF4067 is a 16 Channel analog mux.

Connect the photodiodes across the RC matrix as shown.

Use the fall in resistance of the PD.

Scan the Cols one at a time, then scan thru all the Rows for that Col.

Test the ADC input for a Vsignal at the RC scan combination.

Let me know what you think.

Regards
EricG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back