Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Hi
I have a few questions:

-- what are the main differences between Combinational and Sequential Circuits ??

--what is the main difference between an RS & SR Flip-Flop ?

Electrix said:
Hi
I have a few questions:

-- what are the main differences between Combinational and Sequential Circuits ??

--what is the main difference between an RS & SR Flip-Flop ?
So Output of Combinational IC depends only on the internal structure od the IC, comparing to sequential, where the Output value depands on Internal structure AND previous output of the IC (they have some sort of Memory), and they are usually (not always) clocked.

Typical examples of combinational circuits are AND, OR, NOR, NAND, XOR and NOT gates, data selectors (multiplexers). demultiplexers, static RAM, ROM, PROM, EPROM and EEPROM. These are basically circuits that provide a preprogrammed output for any given input.

The most common sequential circuits USUALLY involve a clock, as exemplified by flip flops, counters and shift registers.

My research has shown that the main difference between RS and SR is that the RS version is a flip flop while the SR version is a flop flip.

Dean

Dean Huster said:
My research has shown that the main difference between RS and SR is that the RS version is a flip flop while the SR version is a flop flip.

Dean
is it late or is that really really funny
i chuckled.. :lol:

Hi,
I dont remember exactly but I think some where I read that the basic difference when a flipflop is specified as RS or SR is
the state of output at power ON

1) SR - Output(Q) is Set (1)
2) RS - Output(Q) is Reset(0)

I dont remember where I read this so if I am wrong do correct me

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back