Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

untitled

Hi!

I am trying to create a digital counter in Multisim9. I have two 74LS47 + 74LS160 schemes connected to a pair of 7-segment display. My counter is counting from 00 to 99 and continues without stopping.
My questions are: how do I make it stop after it reaches 99 and how do I make it count backwards?

I will appreciate any help :)

Attachments

• 00-99.zip
    121.8 KB · Views: 348
untitled said:
Hi!

I am trying to create a digital counter in Multisim9. I have two 74LS47 + 74LS160 schemes connected to a pair of 7-segment display. My counter is counting from 00 to 99 and continues without stopping.
My questions are: how do I make it stop after it reaches 99 and how do I make it count backwards?

I will appreciate any help :)
The first part is easy connect carry out to the appropriate enable pin. The second isn't, you need to ditch the '160 counter. Try a 74HC193.

BTW your files are useless to anyone without multisym.

Last edited:
Ubergeek63 said:
The first part is easy connect carry out to the appropriate enable pin. The second isn't, you need to ditch the '160 counter. Try a 74HC193.

BTW your files are useless to anyone without multisym.

Here is the image of my circuit. Unfortunately there is no 74HC193 in multisim, I don't understand what to replace it with.

Attachments

• 0-99.JPG
    0-99.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 843
untitled said:
Here is the image of my circuit. Unfortunately there is no 74HC193 in multisim, I don't understand what to replace it with.
Well the quick answer is maybe it is an eval and they only gave you LS parts and only a few of those, try 74LS193.

The other possibility is to pick up a spring board from Radio Shack and just wire one together.

You need to look for a BCD up/down counter for what you are trying to do. 74190,192,193,40192,40110 are all candidates. The letters in front, middle and end of these numbers are manufacturer, family and package designations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back